First symptoms, yesterday:
Freezer not cooling to 0. Thermometer temperatures in freezer about 17 degrees. Fridge compartment o.k. at 36.
Powered off five minutes, restarted. Similar results throughout the day
Freezer temps continue to rise (28 degrees), now fridge compartment is about 50.
Testing so far:
- Powered off fridge for five minutes, then on.
- Held “+” and “-‘ buttons down until self-test mode was entered. Display cycled “L1” to “L10”, but no error codes displayed.
- Removed lower inside freezer cover. Coils have a light coating of frost on them. The visible freezer fan shown runs when door is closed (or door button is pressed in).
- The currently hidden fridge fan runs (can hear it) when the door button is pushed in.
- I have not pulled the fridge out from the cabinetry yet. I must lower the front siders as it is currently wedged in.
I have a multimter, and am competent in its use, but have not made any measurements or tests yet, not sure what to test.
I’ve read through the highly informative thread on a similar fridge (https://www.applianceblog.com/mainfo…il-it-is-reset) and downloaded the service manual for that fridge, but mine is different.
A few questions to start:
- Can someone post up the service manual for B22CS30SNS?
- Is the test flow chart that was posted for B22CS50SNS in the other thread relevant for me?
- If so, can someone explain how to perform some of the tests on the flowchart, and what the acronyms “OLP/PTC” means? Difference between and location of F and C fans? Is one freezer, one fridge?
Source: New feed